6.21.2006

My First Post

I'm not sure if I'm up to keeping a blog, but My Good Friend Kevin just started one and in order to post a comment to his, I had to register my own. I was transfering my clothes from washer to dryer when I came up with Rommel's Asparagus. I have a vague interest in European history and military tactics and I like the image of sharpened spikes planted to hinder glider landings, but mainly I thought it was a fun reference without a lot of substance.

America's Got Talent is on in the background as I write this. I'm ashamed to say I'm enjoying it. There have been a few awkward moments though, such as the eight year old comedian who complained that boys her age "smelled like cookies."

I embarassed a coworker today. The restaurant I work for gets deliveries of paper products from a company called Belmont out of Detroit. Kathy the catering coordinator started jumping up and down chanting "Belmont's here, Belmont's here!" The Belmont driver is a sixtyish African-American man, short of stature, who keeps an unlit cigar in his mouth at all times. In front of the guy I said, "Kathy, I don't think his name is Belmont, he's a human, with a name, and feelings."

I take back what I wrote about America's Got Talent. The Rapping Granny just got a standing ovation and the British judge said, I shit you not, "Rapping Granny, you are what this show is all about." I'm pretty sure this is not what Einstein had in mind when he invented the television.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Марк твен всегда приятно не прийти туда где тебя ждут
!!!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web Rommel's Asparagus
More blogs about rommel's asparagus.