6.23.2006

I wish my brother George was here.

I'm trying to decide the direction I want to take this blog. Do I want it to be confessional, not sparing any embarrassing detail or do I want to hold things closer to the vest? If I write about all of my dark secrets is it ok to reveal those of my friends and acquaintances? For whom am I writing? I have always thought my best writing was done with My Good Friend Kevin in mind as an audience. (Why do I feel like every time I use the phrase "my good friend Kevin" I sound like Liberace wishing his brother George was present? Damn it).

Is my family going to be reading this? How about my coworkers? Should I affect the manner of an unreliable narrator? That would be a good writing exercise and would keep me entertained, but is anybody going to be reading this anyway? If not, I'd call that masturbation. I think I'm just going to figure it out as I go along. Consistency is overrated.


The Detroit Tigers won the fifth of their last six inter-league games tonight against the St. Louis Cardinals 10-6. In his post-game news conference, Tigers manager Jim Leland, who barely opens his mouth when he talks, said "They play their fannies off," by way of praising the Cards. Nice language, skipper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web Rommel's Asparagus
More blogs about rommel's asparagus.